You have tons of makeup. But are you applying it right? Here’s the right order i.e. the order in which you should be applying your makeup on a daily/weekly basis.
This post has been done kept in mind that you are always applying makeup on a clean face. Use these steps after you cleanse and tone your face.
- Face Cream: I don’t how a lot of people skip straight to paint their face. There’s no lubrication or hydration without using a face cream. Currently, I am in love with Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream and La Roche Posay Toleriane Riche which I absolutely love, and recommend for Sensitive Skin.
- Primer/BB/CC Creams: These are actually really very good for the skin. They help you correct and even out your skin, seal the pores to avoid breakouts and make, a really good base, for your base (see, what I did there?). I used Dermalogica Skin Perfect Primer and I was in love. Like I used to step out wearing just that, on days I didn’t need crazy coverage. I love BB and CC creams, I think they’re a boon for anybody who doesn’t have more than 5 minutes on their hands to do their makeup and usually have SPF too. My favourites are Ponds BB Cream, Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream, Stila Color Correcting CC Cream.
- Foundation: I am a big fan of liquid or mousse based foundations. I usually use a good CC cream or a liquid foundation to do my shoots/events etc. Earlier, I used to take it in my palms, but now I take 1 pump on the BACK of my hand. Then I use my stippling brush to do all the work. It takes me about 30-40 seconds to blend even the heaviest of foundations. I’d love to use Chanel Vitalumiere everyday but I haven’t reached that point yet. I stick to drugstore makes like Maybelline and L’Oreal Paris, or step it up with Clinique, Estee Lauder. Sometimes, I just stick to CC creams from brand like The Body Shop and Bobbi Brown.
- Concealer: I hate to say this but the lines under my eyes is something I’m very conscious about, so I end up using a concealer (not too much). I use NYX Above and Beyond, and I use it after I use my foundation so that I know the areas which NEED MORE COVERAGE. These happen to be my under eyes, sides of my lips and 1 old pimple scar.
- Liner and Brows: Now I actually do this either before I do anything or after I do my concealer. A lot of people do their eyes towards the end but I think the middle is good, especially before you seal your makeup. This will help you correct any mistakes too. I heart Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner (it’s a bit expensive), my sturdy Lakme Eyeconic Kajal and Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil.
- Pressed Powder: Never, ever, ever, think you can skip this step. You need to use fine, loose, translucent powder, that comes in a compact to seal your makeup. Use a sponge or a powder brush and use very light strokes. I love me some MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation and ZA 2-in-1-Foundation. I also miss my Bourjois and Chambor compacts.
- Blush, highlighter and bronzer: Not all of us do this everyday but I think all of us should add some color, and dimension or else you’ll look very washed out. If you don’t like using any products, just pinch your cheeks to regulate your body temperature. I usually dab some highlighter from my Bobbi Brown Brick Compact under my eyes and my brow bone. I recently tried Deborah Milano Highlighting Stick and quite like it. I tend to blend my bronzer with an angular blush brush but a fan brush is ideal.
- Spray: When applying heavy makeup, a couple of sprays like Subtle Energies Pure Indian Rose have helped my skin from looking dry. I also like Chanel Hydra Essence and ZA Total Energy Hydrating Mist since they set your makeup and hydrate your face.Don’t forget to save this graphic. Follow us on Pinterest for more such tips
How do you apply your makeup? Share with us in the comments’ section.
Stay tuned to our Beauty Special.
We are taking our Alexa rank to the next level with Blogchatter. With the advent of this wonderful #MyFriendAlexacampaign, we hope to connect and hone a new community, build more relationships and read more. Our reading hashtag is #beforbeautyreads.