I grew up in Bangalore and spent a few months at my sister’s place every year till 2017—I’m missing Bangalore. It’s usually this time of the year that I want to take a Spicejet Airlines flight and head to the city for a few days. Here are five things that you can’t miss doing in Bangalore:
- Go to a microbrewery: High on calories and on LOVE, there’s nothing better than enjoying the crisp wind with a glass of wheat ale. My favorites are Windmills Craftworks and TOIT. Of course, these are just a few of many!
- Eat a plate of smileys at Koshy’s: An iconic restaurant that serves the best smileys and filter coffee to people from all walks of life, spending an afternoon would be a great way to go down memory lane.
- Take a retreat at a gorgeous villa: Bangalore tends to get very sunny around this time of the year, so it’ll be great to unwind at one of the villas in Bangalore (if you own one, we’re jealous of you already) or a hotel with friends and family!
- Spend a morning in Cubbon Park: Great for my Instagram feed, and for my heart, Cubbon Park is easy on the eyes and the feet. You can go running—there are a lot of runners practicing for a marathon, walking, or doing yoga there. You can also choose to do what I do the best—an impromptu picnic!
- Spend a weekend away: The best part about Bangalore is about how close it is from spots that are ideal for long weekends. My last trip to Bangalore, I went to Masinagudi and had a great time. Places like Coorg, Bandipur, Chikmanglur and Wayanad are ideal for weekend getaways.
Let’s hope I get to do all of this soon! What do you like doing in Bangalore? Tell us in the comments’ section.